Released On 30th Dec 2020
Parent Update 30 December
Wednesday 30 December 2020
Return to School Dates 2021
Video update click here: https://www.loom.com/share/bef87990ceae47ecbfea96d450f40f2b
I hope this letter finds you well and that you have enjoyed time with your loved ones during the Christmas period. I am writing to you with an update regarding the staggered return to school for the Spring Term 2021.
The Government has today announced a number of changes that affect the start of term for secondary students. These changes have been made for a number of reasons:
- There has been a recent and worrying increase in cases of Covid-19 infections across the UK.
- A new variant of Covid-19 has been identified in all areas of the UK and this variant has the ability to infect more people and at a faster rate.
- The Government wants schools to implement mass testing on the return to school for secondary students and schools need adequate time to plan and communicate this plan to parents.
At this time the fine details of how mass testing will be implemented in schools is still unclear, but please be assured that any testing at Stanchester Academy will only ever be conducted with the express permission of the student and parent. A separate letter will follow (w/b Monday 4 January 2021) with further details; please remember participation in any testing is voluntary.
A reminder that Monday 4 January 2021 is an INSET day for Stanchester.
Details of school provision from the week beginning Tuesday 5 January 2021:
- Years 7-11 will be studying online following their normal timetable. All lessons will be shared via Teams. If your child does not have adequate access to a digital device or internet please let me know this by emailing me at office2501@educ.Somerset.gov.uk and use Online Learning as the subject title.
- Children of Key Worker parents in Years 7-11 can be in school from the Tuesday 5 January 2021. To reserve a place in school from Tuesday 5 January please email the school at this address office2501@educ.Somerset.gov.uk and use Key Worker as the subject title.(If you have already contacted me regarding Key Worker provision you do not need to email again.)
- The letter detailing how to access Microsoft Teams including links to how-to videos can be found by clicking here
Details of school provision from Monday 11 January 2021:
- Year 11 will be physically in school from Monday 11 January and will access school as per usual. This includes their Raising Attainment programme.
- Years 7 - 10 will be studying on-line following their normal timetable.
- Children of Key Worker parents in Years 7-10 can be in school from Tuesday 5 January 2021. If you have previously emailed you do not need to email again to reserve a place for the week beginning Monday 11 January.
Details of school provision from the Monday 18 January 2021:
- All students (Years 7 – 11) will be in school.
- If your child needs to self-isolate from this point, they will receive bespoke online learning from the Bridgwater and Taunton College Trust.
As ever, thank you for your support and kindness during these challenging times. If you have any concerns, questions or comments, please do get in touch.
I hope you and your loved ones are able to see in the New Year in a safe and enjoyable way. I look forward to contacting you next week with further details of the testing programme and the term ahead.