Released On 11th Dec 2020
Parent Update 11 December
11 December 2020
Thank you for your continued support this term. We have been so proud to see students working hard and focussing on their lessons. We are so pleased to be able to hold our Reward Assemblies next week to celebrate students’ successes.
I would also like to remind all students and parents of the uniform requirements at Stanchester Academy in preparation for the new calendar year. The updated uniform list is attached but key points to draw your attention to are as follows:
- Trousers must not be jean style or leggings and must be black;
- Skirts must be knee length (i.e. come to at least the top of the knee when standing up) and not have long splits;
- Footwear must be black and have no coloured logos or writing.
If a student arrives in incorrect uniform or with unsuitable make-up, hair or jewellery, parents will be contacted to bring in a suitable item or correct the issue. If this is not rectified, students will be isolated until this can happen. We expect parents to support us to avoid this situation by ensuring students have appropriate uniform in the first instance.
The rules on appearance are outlined below:
Make Up and Hair:
- Lower school no make up
- Upper school subtle make-up
- No extreme hair styles, cuts or colours
- Nail varnish – none in Years 7-9, ‘French polish’ only in Years 10-11.
- No false or acrylic nails.
- 1 small stud per ear (no other piercings or plastic retainers allowed)
- 1 small bracelet (no bangles)
- 2 rings (no large ‘costume jewellery’ rings)
- A watch
- No visible necklaces
You will be aware that PE lessons have recently resumed in school. You will also know that we allow students to travel to/from school in their PE kit on the days when PE lessons take place to avoid changing clothes. By way of a polite reminder the acceptable PE kit at Stanchester is:
- White Stanchester polo top
- Black shorts, skirts, leggings or jogging bottoms
- Stanchester jacket, rugby top or fleece
- Stanchester football socks or white ankle socks
- Base layers or skins under shorts/skirts/polo tops
- Black sweatshirt (not hoodie)
- Football boots for activity (not to be worn around school)
Thank you in advance for not sending your child into school in any other clothes other than their school uniform or their School PE kit. If you need any financial support with obtaining the correct uniform, please do get in touch through the email below.
In the first instance any questions on uniform should be addressed to the Pastoral Co-ordinator or Head of Year. May I take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your support in this matter and I look forward to seeing smartly dressed students in school in January.
Miss T Grainger